Friday 31 October 2014

A great fun adaptable Maths activity

As a kid I used to love solving codes, so naturally I have created (well somebody in our department made one which I've massively adapted!) codebreaker activities.

These work really well with students of all abilities, especially the younger ones.

I usually create ones with information about myself (like favourite film and interesting facts) and makes it more personal to the class (they even think my fave drink is milk *snigger*  ). OR create ones with maths answers so you have got your literacy part in.

Here are two that I have uploaded to tes (preecemaths)

Remember you can adapt the files easily and create ones for topics you are teaching. If you do create any really good ones, remember to share with the Maths teaching community :)

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Times-Table-Codebreaker-6448599/

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Collecting-like-Terms-simplifying-Codebreaker-6448598/

No comments:

Post a Comment